|The Company was founded in 1919 immediately following the First World War by Arthur Thomas Blackman who was a General Builder, to repair war damage in Dover. The Company expanded from building into plumbing and then gradually into Central Heating and kitchens. We manufactured tiled surrounds for solid fuel appliances for many years at our Granville Street stores but due to declining demand this production ceased in
We now operate throughout East Kent and specialise in the installation of
• Central Heating systems
• Replacement Gas and Oil boilers
• Fitted Kitchens
We also carry out
• Plumbing repairs and maintenance,
• Gas boiler servicing and Landlords gas safety inspections
The family business has served the local community for over 90 years and is currently jointly managed by two of the founders Grandsons who are proud to run a business which continues to follow the traditional philosophy of working up to a standard not down to a price. By employing our own staff we guarantee a high standard of workmanship and minimal disruption to your household, and by only using good quality and reliable products you can be assured that our installation service is without equal in the area and that we will do a good job for a reasonable price. We must be doing something right as many of our jobs are for customers who have employed us to do work for them or for their family before, some are 2nd or even 3rd generation customers.
Richard Blackman says:
”You may find that we are not the cheapest as we supply high quality products and aim for a superior standard of workmanship which we consider to be necessary for any major investment in your home, we work up to a standard, not down to a price”
Not all home improvement Companies are the same.
• Many Companies offer apparently unbeatable discounts of 60% or even 75%
We are different.
We don’t inflate prices to offer such discounts. We just offer top quality products at reasonable prices, every day.
• Many Companies will submit their quotation then try to pressure customers into accepting; frequently by offering additional discounts and often by continually telephoning.
• Many Companies request large deposits, often as much as 90% having to be paid before any goods are delivered or a tradesman walks through your door.
• Many Companies use different people to manage the same job.
Contact us to see how we can make your dream home improvement come true and experience the Blackman’s difference.